10.20.2011

The Chinese Ox


He loves his puppy dog, Elvis!


He has the greatest giggle!
Aren't those dimples to die for...he is just so darn kissable!


I realized recently that I have shared so much of Kai Kai Sweetie Pie's medical conditions but I haven't really described his personality in detail.   First of all this kid was born under the sign of the Ox in China which means he is a hard worker, which I have said over and over.   He is one of those kids that you can't take your eyes off of because he is so busy that he is into "trouble" all the time.    The other day he was reaching behind our couch and trying to tip over the floor lamp.  I got him distracted doing something else, turned my back for two minutes and he was standing on the armrest of the couch!   This little guy can hardly stand on the floor without falling...but he is one of those kind of kids.   He wants to do everything himself, yet I would not call him obstinate.   You can easily distract him into doing something else because he is so curious that he is willing to move onto the next thing.   Cognitively he is smart!  He puts puzzles together and puts all the right shapes in the right boxes.   He is copying almost everything Bei does these days.   The nice thing about Kai is that he can play by himself for hours at a time.    He absolutely LOVES music!  He has always been a very quiet little one and continues to be quiet.  I am sure that it has to do with his hearing impairment.  He is verbalizing more these days and when he is happy he squeals and I always say his sounds are a mix between Curious Gearge* and a Neanderthal man's grunts.   When he is sad his lower lip goes way out and he sticks out his chin and his eyes get all red and watery.    It is the perfect child's expression of I am sad and I want you to know!  I hope to capture it on camera one of these days   He is tough as nails and doesn't cry easily unless he is not feeling well.   He likes to be held and cuddled, tickled and kissed.   I am so blessed because I have not just one but two very sweet little boys.   Kai has never hit, he is all boy yet he isn't aggressive.   The little guy is just the happiest little thing on two feet.   I feel so lucky to have him in my life!  He has enhanced my life in so many ways that it would be hard to articulate it all.   All I can say is he a very LOVED little boy!

FYI - I misspell some words purposely in my blog post because I don't want my blog getting hits for things like the President or Curious Gearge, etc.   One of my most viewed post is Ear Tubes Results and I am sure it is because many mom's are putting those exact words in and then my blog pops up.

Lastly, please pray that Kai will start wearing his hearing aids.  He had another set of ear molds made, his third pair since August 8th because I am desperate to get him to wear them again.   Unfortunately the new molds did not make a difference.   His ENT doctor said that his left ear is still a little irritated so my other hope is that once that heals completely he will wear them.  

No comments: