1.29.2011

Ear Tube Surgery Results

 Who needs a carnival when you can get free high chair rides!
 Bei checking on brother to make sure he is enjoying his ride!

 A little farmer boy!

The boys like to play in my laundry baskets.

Kai's hearing definitely has improved, which allows him to be much more engaged with us.   He is vocalizing much more now, kind of like he is hearing his voice for the first time.  He likes to scream and is trying to say consonants, but really no words.  If he is desperate he will say Mama.   His balance has also improved but he still isn't walking on his own. Believe me he needs to walk soon because his mom's guns are ready to give out soon!  The surgery has bonded us even closer so he likes to be held even more...kid you weigh a ton!!     One of the fun things that he is doing is starting to tumble, he isn't able to do it on his own but we are more than happy to help him out with a boost to the hinder binder.  One last thing but one of the most remarkable is that he is getting much more use of his arms and hands.  He even tries to do the itsy bitsy spider with me.   Let me just tell you that he is a happy, happy little boy who is just a joy to have in my life.   I am so very lucky to have him as my little guy.  

Let me finish with a funny story that happened to us this summer;

We drove up to the cabin one Friday night and once we got there we started upacking as we usually do; Dan carries one kid in and I carry the other one and then Dan puts the cooler and suitcases into the kitchen and then I usually put everything away.    So we did our usual routine, the kids are playing in the family room, while I unpack and Dan walks in.   He immediately stated, "I smell sewer gas".   "Me too! and boy does it stink!"  I answered.  There is a house being built next door to the cabin, so I told Dan to check outside and see if they had hit a gas main and I would check the basement for the smell.   We came back together and Dan said there was no smell outside and there was no smell downstairs.   I told Dan I had located the smell to the northeast corner of the family room.  So Dan said, "Maybe a mouse died under the couch".  "Liz, can you move Kai so I can pick up the couch?"   Nope, no dead mouse, but yes, there is a definite sewer gas smell over in this area.   "Liz, can you move Kai, so I can pick up the chair?"   Nope, no dead mouse, but yes, there is a definite sewer gas smell over in this area.   "Liz, can you move Kai, so I can pick up this other chair?"  Nope, no dead mouse, but yes, there is a definite sewer gas smell over in this area.   So are all of you ahead of me on this?  Do you know where this is leading?   With that Dan said, "Liz, are you sure it is not Kai?   Smell his diaper and see if he pooped?   Okay, someone with alot higher I.Q. would have turned to her husband and said "No thank you darling, it is YOUR turn to smell the kids diaper"   But no, I am not that smart and took a big whiff because I knew that it was not humanly possible to smell that bad...as I was brought to my knees by the smell, I realized I was unfortunately wrong!  Next time you think you smell sewer gas, check the nearest diaper!  Whew...stinky! 

3 comments:

agmon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeannine said...

Hello

Jeannine said...

Sorry about the (Hello) in a previous post. I tried to submit a comment before and my password was not accepted. Oh well...after being with you for a few days I must say that you are an amazing mother. Your energy is endless and your enthusiasm is contagious. I had so much fun with Bei at Chuckie Cheese. I miss snuggling with Kai Kai Sweetie Pie. Happy Birthday to the Krueger family as you all celebrate February birthdays.